Sunday, March 18, 2007

An Evening Stroll

I found these lichens growing on the end of an old pine log. A macro shot reveals the beauty that is easily missed if we do not slow down and “SEE” our surroundings.


This tuft of grass caught my attention. I liked the contrast between its soft brown colors and the cold white snow.


As I topped the ridge I encountered this flock of Wild Turkeys



The turkeys didn’t hang around long

Wild Turkeys are not very trusting creatures and would rather flee than take a chance on becoming dinner!


3 comments:

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Great pics. I like how the red "Pops" in the first one. Nice catch on the "Wild Turkeys"! I know from what you told and a little from experience that they are very elusive and "stealthy" creatures.

TRM said...

I like the snow on the tufts of grass.

photowannabe said...

I love these shots that encourage us to search for the small things.
The lichen is especially good.