Friday, July 27, 2007

Country Captures



Having completed my first year of blogging on Northern Lights I felt it was time to find a name which more accurately reflected the theme of my Blog. I spent considerable time reviewing and reflecting upon my previous post.

Having lived my entire life in rural Pennsylvania, my blog naturally is “Country” based. Both the images and commentary “Capture” a moment in time either past or present, thus the new name “Country Captures”.

I captured this beautiful wildflower in the light of the early morning sunrise. Nature provides us with awesome beauty; we need only to take the time to “See”.

5 comments:

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Yeah, the new name is less "mysterious" ;)

photowannabe said...

As I said in the previous post, I think your new name is perfect. Its how you give us eyes to see your life in rural Penn.
Looks great and congratulations on beginning your second year.

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for your visit to my blog today. I appreciate it and I also appreciate your comment about your family and how they prepared food for winter etc.

Unfortunately, my wife no longer does any of that but there was a time when she did. Cabbage was the worst to make and it always smelled bad in the process.

I like the flower you captured this morning. I think it is the best time to take photographs. At least things have a better look then before much activity occurs.

Thanks again.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on completing year one and I really like the new name! It does describe what you capture much better. I am looking forward to you work and words in the upcoming year!

Mike

Kekiinani said...

Love the new name... Like you said it really does reflect what you photograph... Extra bonus points for a sunrise shot!! Darn one of these days I am just going to have to make it out for sunrise. But WOW it is just soooooo early now a days!! :) :) Great light on your flower...:)