Thursday, October 18, 2007

Not by Accident


As illustrated here, not all images are captured the way nature composed them.

Amy composed this interesting arrangement and turned it just so to catch the evening light while
Chad watched closely.

I found it very interesting to watch these two young photographers at work. We were all in the same place but each had their own style of capturing a memorable image. Like Amy, I seldom have human subjects to work with and found myself capitalizing on the opportunity as did my brother Willard.

Willard very rarely photographs anything other than wildlife but I learned today upon visiting his blog that while each of us was engrossed in our various subjects he was busily capturing us! For another view of our outing visit him here

10 comments:

Chad Oneil Myers said...

There we are again!

I was impressed with the little set up Amy was doing there.

photowannabe said...

Great family picture and it looks like you all had a wonderful time together.

Anonymous said...

I did try the leaf filter thing but see now I was doing it wrong.

Tom said...

Hi Salty
I've been interested to see you all going about your stuff your own way to. I've yet to try a filter, but last evening I took some pictures through a hole in a stone gate post and got some great star effects bursting out. I've posted one of them today.

Kerri Farley said...

Thanks for sharing these shots with us! It is neat to see ya'll together.

lv2scpbk said...

I liked reading your comment about the photographers.

imac said...

Clever peeps, clever shots.
Its mice when there's a get together

imac said...

Der,- Nice Nice Nice

ASHE said...

I will have to post one of the results of this setup, when I get back to my home computer. Its pretty enough, but its obvious that I faked the arrangement, because Queen Anne's Lace doesn't tend to naturally emerge from a big ol' maple leaf :)

Lori said...

I think it's so neat that your family goes out on photography excursions together - how fun is that??!!