Thursday, November 01, 2007

Two & Counting


Sunrise and Sunset, the most beautiful times of the day. With my work schedule of late I have not had the opportunity to greet the dawn. Last evening while suffering from shutter withdraw I grabbed my camera and hurried to the top of the hill just in time for this shot.

I suppose you all can tell that I am eagerly anticipating my upcoming break. Although my job has been stressful for the last few months I fully realize that job stress is not nearly as bad as the stress one goes through when our doctors deliver bad news to ourselves or a loved one.

I ask you all to keep our friend Faye in mind through her stressful time. Faye has been a great inspiration to me. Faye posts the most stunningly beautiful photographs of Oregon and frequently takes what must be a great deal of her valuable time to drop kind notes of encouragement on her cyber-friends blogs. Let us all keep her in our thoughts and prayers as she goes through this trying time. Please take the time to drop by and offer her a kind word of encouragement as she has done for so many others.

To visit Faye Click Here

10 comments:

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Beautiful image.

Very nice words for Faye.

photowannabe said...

Salty, that is so nice of you to mention Faye. She has been such an inspiration to me too. I eagerly go to her site everyday to see what beautiful shot she posts.
this is a gorgous sunset and must have soothed your stress filled day.

Kekiinani said...

Awesome, beautiful, wonderful colors sunset!! I also check out Faye's blog and hope that all is well with her. Nice you mentioned her here. Thanks also for the inspiration.. I really must get out for a sunset tomorrow evening. (If there is one).. We have lots of clouds and rain lately.. :) :) But mostly I have been totally lazy on my sunsets of late!! I had better get myself in gear.. :) :) Have a wonderful Aloha Friday

Anonymous said...

I think I have subscribed to Faye's blog for a long time now. I enjoy her work as much as you do. She is an inspiration to everyone.

I also like your sunset picture. It is very nice.

ASHE said...

What a stunning tribute to Faye. It is not fair when someone who brings so much beauty to the world gets bad news. I first found her blog through your links, and have enjoyed every photo she posts.

K M F said...

wounderfull..

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Very beautiful photo, and a loving sentiment to a fellow blogger and photographer.

Tom said...

Your sentiments and picture are stunning... well done done Salty.

Anonymous said...

Salty, thanks for the tribute to Faye. We will certainly be praying for her. I had read of her health issues but did not think to do this simple act. I applaud you for this.

Beautiful picture as always...I hope you have a restful break from work.

lv2scpbk said...

Very beautiful.