Monday, October 27, 2008

New Flash: Tufted Titmouse



Our weather has taken a decided turn colder. With the colder weather the beginning of whitetail rutting activity has became noticeable. This evening I joined Willard in hopes of having an opportunity to photograph some of the early rut activity.

The Tufted Titmice were busy feeding on a sunflower head tacked to a nearby tree. This particular bird paused on an overhanging branch long enough for me to capture its image with the 400mm lens combined with flash from a Canon Speedlite.

7 comments:

Michele said...

A beautiful image... makes for a beautiful greeting card!!
~Michele~
Mountain Retreat-Canada

photowannabe said...

Perfect capture. They flit so quickly that I think its great you got him posing like that.

Anonymous said...

I like this titmouse photograph.

I just finished three photos yesterday and will have at least one up soon. I think they are really nice birds who can eat things as large as peanut kernels.

Unknown said...

Great photo, a close up of a titmouse requires a different strategy than the elk. Our weather has turned for the colder too ... they are calling for a record low tomorrow night of 47 degrees. We'll see.

Gretchen said...

Just beautiful! It's snowing here today. Not sticking yet, thankfully. That would make for a miserable drive tomorrow.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Salty: What a neat capture of a beautiful singer, the prettiest in the woods.

Cape Cod Washashore said...

These are one of my favorite birds! This is a fabulous capture!