Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Kiss!


The past week has been a whirlwind of activity for our family. Tuesday December 23rd my wife & I departed our warm little Pa home at 2:45 am with the thermometer registering a cool 14 deg F. With breakfast in Rocky Mount North Carolina, a few comfort & fuel stops along the way we arrived in Kissimmee Florida by 7:30 pm.

Although we took time out to celebrate Christmas with family, our attention was directed upon December 28th, the day chosen by our son Chad & Sandy to join their lives in Holy Matrimony.

After months of planning and preparation, at 4:33pm, the pastor finally gave Chad permission to kiss his New Bride!

12 comments:

Craig Glenn said...

Congrats and welcome to my neck of the woods.

Craig

Shelley said...

Congratulations! And sweet photo!

Kerri Farley said...

Congratulations!! You've gained a daughter!!

A Belated Merry Christmas to you and Mrs. Salty!
And
Happy New Year!!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Congrats Coy!! I trust they are going to have many happy years together!! A lovely couple. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Coy...and now you have a daughter...They make a lovely couple and I have visited your son's blog..

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the bride and groom.

I don't have a lot to say about last year or this new year. Some thoughts...

I hope 2009 will be better than 2008, 2007, and 2006. I do think our government will be inspired by our new President Obama -- at least I hope so.

I would like to see the War in Irag end and I would like to see the killing stop everywhere.

It is my hope that Japan will stop slaughtering whales and raping virgin forests.

And I hope the people will lose their clubs and no longer club baby seals to death.

What a world we have and live in. 2009 could be so much better than it will be.

photowannabe said...

Yahoo....its wonderful. Great shot of your handsome son and his beautiful bride. I'm so happy for them and for you and Mrs. Salty.
Have a Happy and Blessed New Year 2009.
Sue

Lori said...

I am absolutely THRILLED for them! I cannot wait to see all of the photos.

Amore...*sigh*

DeeMom said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Salty: Congrats for the addition to the family. I wish Chad and Sandy all the best for 2009. I'm glad you and your wife got to visit Florida because the weather just got worse.

Wolf Lover Girl said...

Congratulations. I know they've been waiting for this day!

~ Wolf Lover Girl

Brad Myers said...

Congratulations, I hope you had a good time and I am sorry you had to come home to the wind and cold so soon.