Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ibis Silhouette


While shooting at Joe Overstreet one morning, a flock of Ibis flew past the rising sun and landed in a grove of trees.

Of the images captured shooting continuous drive mode, this shot stood out above all the rest.

I usually keep my camera’s drive set on low-speed continuous drive. This setting fires three frames per second and works very well when shooting moving situations. I have come to prefer the low-speed drive as it allows me continuous fire when the situation requires it yet is slow enough that one can only fire single exposures if desired.

7 comments:

Mel said...

I love bird silhouettes!!
These are amazing!! It almost look like shadows behind a screen!
beautiful!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Beautiful,especially when enlarged.
Blessings,Ruth

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Looks like some planes flying in formation.

photowannabe said...

Love the formation of the silhouettes. Great composition.

Shelley said...

Salty - these silhouettes of the birds look so nice against the pink sky!
P.S. What is your favorite lens to use? What do you think about the Sigma 150-500 mm lens w/ the optical stabilizer? I have a Canon too.

Leedra said...

Love the silhouettes, and the sky color. It always amazes me when the sky turns out this color.

Leedra’s Photos For Fun

Leedra’s Greeting Cards

Photography By Leedra

Coy Hill said...

Shellmo,

I use the Canon 100-400mm L for my wildlife photography. Not that it is the best Canon offers but it is very good lens, highly versatile, and it fit my budget. Its main drawback is the slow F5.6 aperture but the faster Canon L prime lenses are to pricy for my photography budget for now.

I have no experience with the Sigma lens you mention. The specifications look good. Hopefully you can find someone with firsthand experience with this lens before you take the plunge.