Friday, July 03, 2009

Indigo Bunting


Today was my first occasion to capture a male Indigo Bunting

While fishing on my favorite lake I noticed a pair of male Indigo Buntings flit across a small cove and alight in the brush along the shoreline. Aproaching slowly with the boat I was able to manuever for a clear shot of the one stripping grass seeds.

The bird was making short work of filling his crop by grasping the stems below the seeds and stripping the seeds with a quick upward motion.

After only a few shots the Indigo Bunting flew deeper into the surrounding cover leaving me with my first images of yet another beautiful bird species.

7 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Great capture.these birds are beautiful.
Blessings,Ruth

Elaine said...

This is a wonderful action shot! Getting only a few shots is okay when you get such a good shot as this one.

Unknown said...

Have never seen a bunting. Sure is brightly colored.

Tom said...

These are a bird I have never seen or heard of before.....

Happy Independence Day to all your family Salty
from
Tom and Jane

imac said...

Wonderful capture Coy.


The fun has now begun-visit
http://imac-photosfromthemindseye.blogspot.com/

Chris said...

Gosh, that's a wonderful shot Coy. Or when a beautiful bird meets a talented photographer.

AMIT said...

Lovely shot by you.Thanks for posting.

Alternative energy