Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Hour in a Buck's Life: Part 1

On a recent morning I located my favorite SNP whitetail very early before sunrise. 



My plan was to stay with him as long as possible.  At times it didn't seem possible. 

Meeting up with a small buck they both stood and watched.......

As a pair of bucks sparred in a sunlit portion of the meadow

Soon tiring of their sparring the big fellow moved on

Pausing to do battle with a sapling the old fellow put on a good show

Little did I know that the morning was about to get very interesting.  However you must wait until the next post to see what was about to transpire.

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

these are gorgeous. looking forward to part ii.

Montanagirl said...

Beautiful series! I envy how close you can get to these beautiful animals. There's not a Whitetail to be seen in this area - well, a few does and fawns. Can't wait to see what "transpired!!"

Brad Myers said...

I do not know if I photographed Rudder, I will need to check my files. Great photos of a beautiful buck and I like the way you did the post.

I got your email and will try it if I ever get a day off to do photos.

Peggy said...

Great series Coy! And...You are such a tease! Can't wait to hear what got so interesting!!!!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Great images. I didn't know that this was a mystery blog,but I like it. :)

Brian King said...

Wonderful shots! The lighting is great!