Thursday, January 12, 2012

Winter Gobblers

Wild turkeys and some of the toughest subjects I think I have ever tackled.  Even when photographing birds with which you have developed a level of trust, trying to get good sharp images is incredibly difficult.  For a photo to be a keeper the head must be sharp and a turkeys head is always twisting, turning, and bobbing about.  

So I was very pleased when after making 58 shots during a recent morning's shoot that I still had 19 images remaining after deleting motion blurr/missed focus shots.  Of those 19 shots this image of a pair of mature gobblers feeding in the frosty meadow grass is my favorite.

9 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

They look like they are posing for a picture..

Matt M said...

Thats a great pictures. Both have nice beards, goods job.

Lois Evensen said...

Yes, very nice pictures. Why do I think of Christmas dinner whenever I see these?

Montanagirl said...

I agree - that's a pretty cool photo!

Elaine said...

Wonderful!

Brian King said...

That's a great shot, Coy! Nice elements.

Ian Nance said...

Got me thinking of spring. Nice pic!

photowannabe said...

Well, I think you did an excellent job.
What amazing sleek gobblers. They almost have a vulture like face.
I haven't been here for a while. I can see I have missed a lot.
Have a great weekend Coy.

Larry Ostby said...

The beards are dragging, really nice birds.