Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Lucky Break: Barred Owl

Canon EOS 6D, 600mm F4L IS USM   f5.6, 1/400,ISO800
 
 
With a little time to kill, I tossed the camera into the car this evening and went looking for some kind of wildlife to photograph.  As I approached the bottom of a back road hollow I spotted a barred owl perched in a roadside tree.  The owl would allow me to position the car, get the camera into position long enough for a couple of shots before flying away a short distance.  Out of four perches the owl settled on I was able to get shooting three times with this shot being the best for sharpness and background.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The only luck involved is finding the owl. Your photography skills took care of the rest.It's a beautiful picture.

eileeninmd said...

Love the owls, great sighting and photo!

Montanagirl said...

It's a great shot! Lucky you for spotting him!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Elaine said...

Fabulous shot!!

Lindsjö taxar said...

Beautiful!! I envy you to get that, one of my goals to get one

Chad Oneil Myers said...

I downloaded this one to my iPhone and this is the image that will show when you and Mom call me from the house.

Your best Owl yet.

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

I've never had the pleasure of photographing an owl. How lucky you were.