Sunday, May 19, 2013

Duckling Escape

 
Finally finding time for an evening visit to the wetlands I was eager to see some of this year's waterfowl babies.  After concealing myself on a small hummock with camouflage blind material wrapped around both myself and camera rig I was soon rewarded when a young hooded merganser swam into view. 

 
Even though I was concealed the clicking shutter gave my position away as the duckling passed close by. 

 
Alarmed, the little merganser beat a hasty retreat. 

 
Throwing up a wake much like that of a motor boat!

4 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh my goodness. I love the perfect reflection,but that wake is something else. He looks like he is really moving fast.

Kerri Farley said...

That is just adorable! LOVE it!

Linda said...

What a lovely set of photos!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. I enjoy your pics. and info. Could we be FB friends?