Saturday, January 11, 2014

Revisiting the Elk Rut

With the local whitetail activity at a low point and the ground remaining free snow for the most part, I have been spending my free time catching up on things around home.  In the midst of all my catching up I  realized that I had not posted to Country Captures in nearly a week!  Sometimes a fellow just can't win! 
 
 Since I have not been shooting much new material lately it is time to step back, and this time step back to one foggy late September morning on Winslow Hill and revisit the mature bull elk, Limpy, as he pursues a cow waiting for that moment that she will accept his advances.
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Awesome Elk shots. Happy weekend!

Montanagirl said...

Super shots, Coy! Have a good weekend.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The fog adds beauty to these pictures. Such amazing animals,those Elk are.

Elaine said...

Beautiful shots in the fog!

Lindsjö taxar said...

Hi Coy!
Great capture in the fog. Love it!!