Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Mid Summer Images

As July draws to a close the heat of the sun can be felt the moment it rises above the horizon.  High humidity and hot temperatures dominate the weather now forcing most daytime wildlife movement to occur either early mornings or late evening.

I visited the site of the former Meadow Grounds Lake shortly after sunrise today.  Watching it for an hour the only wildlife I noted were a number of sparrows and a group of killdeer.  Even with the best of luck it will be some years yet before we see construction begin.

After a drier than normal spring we more than made up for it with an extremely wet June.  While the wet weather was great for the corn crop it played havoc with the local farmers attempting to make hay.

Soon the cool winds of autumn will begin to blow but for now I am relishing these lazy hazy days of Summer! 









3 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful photos. I was going to say the first one was my favourite,but that was before I scrolled through the rest.Each one is perfect.

Sue said...

That first photo is stunning. And the corn one made me miss my old home.
Beautiful photos---all of them

Sue said...

I'd also like to add that the deer are great shots too, but I'm a little mad at deer right now (eating ALL my flowers!)