Saturday, February 10, 2007

One-Room Schools Pt. 3



Although this school has been closed for many years it remains in very good condition. Although not being used, apparently the present owners are not allowing it to fall into disrepair.





I was very much surprised when I looked through the window to see a room much as it was following the last day of school. Only the furniture and wood stove appear to have been removed.



Many of our one room schools are now being used for other purposes. This school continues to serve the community as the Thompson Township Municipal Building.

4 comments:

Chad Oneil Myers said...

The first image is my favorite because the building goes so well with the snow and the green tree offers good contrast.

There's always been something a little creepy to me when I think of all the generations that pass through school buildings. I remember walking through the retired elementary building in Warfordsburg, that was kind of "creepy".

Joel Reynolds said...

Wow - that's amazing. A glimpse back in time.
Joel

photowannabe said...

I enjoy your glimpses back in time. I'm glad that the schools not in disrepair and that some are used for other things to have some history preserved.
Really nice shots.

Lucy said...

Very solitary and very pretty and kind of melancholy.