Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Lesser Scaup

Flushing Male Lesser Scaup
With the spring waterfowl migration in full swing some of the species have already moved north of my area.  The Lesser Scaup photos on this post were taken on March 30th. 

 

 
Lesser Scaup are one of the earliest to arrive in my area and among the earliest to leave.  This encounter was apparently my last for the spring as I have not located any lesser scaup in subsequent outings. 

 
Two males and a female show their concern about my slowly approaching boat.

4 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love all the water action you captured.

Elaine said...

Wonderful action shots! Your shots of the Yellowlegs a few posts ago are lovely too. Our migration time is a bit slow here this year. I haven't seen any geese yet, just snow buntings, but think I'll check out Creamer's Field tomorrow.

Magic Moments said...

Beautiful images...

Montanagirl said...

Beautiful photos, Coy! Always love visiting your blog and seeing what you're getting photos of.