Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Family Photos


In my quest for old family photos, I have found them in various states of disrepair. The photograph above was obtained from a distant relative, our next door neighbor, Virginia. This photo is of her parents wedding in 1921. It is mounted on a piece of convex glass and secured by a press fit frame. With over eighty years having passed since it was framed, age and sunlight has taken its toll causing it to crack. I am very pleased to have been able to restore and add it to my collection as he is the grandson of the gentleman featured in my previous post

2 comments:

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Great work!

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Wedding photography sure has changed over the last 100 years!

I like the "virtual frame" you made as well. You gave that old relic of a photo new life.