Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Palm Frond



No series of Florida photographs would be complete without that of a Palm Frond. The sunlight filtering through provided attractive highlights on this particular leaf. I captured this shot at Hollis Gardens which is located in Lakeland beside Lake Mirror.

I jokingly refer to Lake Mirror as the “cement pond” (an inside joke for those old enough to remember the Beverly Hillbillies). Lake Mirror is a small lake surrounded on three sides by a concrete wall & walkway and on all sides by city.

6 comments:

Lori said...

How cool. And...it all looks so WARM. This winter just keeps hanging on. Sigh.

I love how the sun is shining at the top of these leaves...lovely!

PA Brian in PP,FLA said...

VERY GOOD DESCRIPTION OF MIRROR LAKE. ALTHOUGH LAKE HOLLINGSWORTH WAS ALWAYS OUR FAVORITE PLACE TO GO, I REMEMBER THIS LAKE VERY WELL FROM MY APPROX.3 YEARS LIVING IN LAKELAND IT IS WHERE I PROPOSED TO MY GIRLFRIEND AND NOW WIFE MARLO. MAY 28TH, 2008 MARKS OUR 20TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY.

Anonymous said...

I think that post above "See Please Here" is a virus, so for heaven's sake delete it.

photowannabe said...

I love the way you have captured the sunlit highlights on the frond. Nice post as always.
Yes I have to admit I remember the "cement pond" very well...

Tom said...

Nice capture.. but what got me a thinking today was your referance to my favourite TV programme Beverly Hillbillies.. what a great show that was... LOL

Unknown said...

I like this pattern