Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Tagged


The game is to open the 4th folder and post the 4th photo. Well I got lucky. My 4th folder, the 4th photograph was this shot of a flock of Scaup in flight. This photograph was taken March 29, 2008 while the early spring migration of waterfowl was passing through my area.

Photographing these birds is only a spring game for at that time the lake is quiet except for a few fishermen. During the fall migration the waterfowl hunting seasons are in full swing with a number of hunters with decoy spreads working the lake shore.

With the cold weather we have been having lately I find myself beginning to yearn for the open water and the first flights of spring travelers stopping by.


6 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Salty: What a beautiful capture of the ducks in flight. You certainly showed a neat photo for the tag.

I'll see if the boat is still floating in the Spring. We still have February weather to go.

Kerri Farley said...

Great image Salty! Each day puts us one day closer to Spring!

Leedra said...

We are all wanting spring to get here this year. Been tough.

Great capture, reminding us it will be here.

Leedra’s Photos For Fun
Leedra’s Greeting Cards
Photography By Leedra

Ken Conger Photography said...

Great flight shot Coy. Fliers are always a challenge. Blue Skies.

Tom said...

I saw his mentioned on Willards blog.... I must go check what I would have had to post if I was in on this.. :O)

Nice capture there Salty..

Tom
My blogs: Wiggers World
&
Tom's Sky Watch Pictures

The Riverbum said...

Even here in the South, where we are relatively free from Old Man Winter's grasp, it will be nice to have a little warmer weather soon.