Sunday, August 01, 2010

Eyes Bigger than its Mouth


Imagine my fishing buddies surprise when he retrieved a trolling lure that wasn't tracking straight to find this tiny bluegill firmly attached!

Learning that some decent sized perch were holding in a shallow area of a local lake; Paul and I decided to give it a try Saturday morning.  The perch were cooperative and a few hours of trolling produced the makings for a few meals of delicious pan fried fish.

The photo-op of the morning occurred when Paul reeled in this hungry bluegill.  Keep in mind that the lure pictured here is only 1.5" (38mm) long.

Hopefully this little guy learned a good lesson and will not be trying to eat meals too large for it to handle :)

8 comments:

Kelly said...

...made me chuckle. Showed it to my son and he appreciated it too.

Montanagirl said...

Catch of the day! The fish AND the photo!

Elaine said...

This is a good lesson for all of us!

Chris said...

Excellent!!! The fish that wants more!!

richard l coy said...

its really amazing what they go for and the size just blows the mind

Michele said...

Heh... that's truly funny. I've seen this before and it always amazes me! =) great photo!

photowannabe said...

The picture made me smile. I remember this happening to my son when he was small and just learning to fish. We often laugh about his giant catch!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Salty: That is so funny.