Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Blue Jay: Rapid Fire

As noted in the previous post I usually shoot high-speed continuous when photographing wildlife.  Poses and expressions change far to quickly for me to successfully capture just the right moment otherwise; thank God for digital!

In this series a Blue Jay landed between the natural feeders striking different poses as it checked me out trying to decide if it was safe to put its head into the woodpecker hole to retrieve some food.

This particular perch is a favorite of mine because of the beautiful brown tones imparted by the dead poke and the more muted browns and grays found on the tree parts.  Heavily clouded skies provided very even lighting for this series. 

I'm happy with all of these images so please tell me which raucous Blue Jay shot you like most.


8 comments:

Susan Ellis said...

Nicely muted tones..definitely a fall feel to the woods and the Jay

Dominic Gendron said...

Those a great bluejay images ;)

Ruth Hiebert said...

Each one is fantastic,but if I have to choose,I would pick the first one.
Blessings,Ruth

Montanagirl said...

They're all really good, but I favor the last one the most.

??? said...

They are all great, but the last one if my favourite. The blue of the jay is a very nice constrast to the brown and grey of the background.

Joe said...

I like the second one with it's head cocked.

Nancy said...

I think I like the second one best, Coy. Show so much of his personality. :)

Richard said...

I like the first one best. All 3 are great pictures.