Monday, March 07, 2011

Wood Duck Portraits

My Saturday morning photo session with the Wood Ducks was the best I have ever had. 

The ducks, with mating on their minds, were not quite as cautious as usual.

The entire encounter lasted eight minutes as the ducks moved in and out of the brush searching for and chasing a lone female. 

Upon review I found that I had captured nearly 50 shots, most of which were keepers.

 The action shots from this exciting encounter will soon follow in a later post.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome work!!!!

Jim

Lois Evensen said...

Just fabulous.

Unknown said...

I love wood ducks..... Thanks for these great images..... Kudos to you Coy!

Unknown said...

Coy, lovely shots. I think the Wood Ducks are one of my favorites. Evolution certainly painted them up!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I know from experience that it is hard not to keep on shooting when these ducks are around.They are just so beautiful.

Montanagirl said...

Love these. They are such a gorgeous bird, and you captured them perfectly.

Kjell T. Evensen said...

Great shots! Your great camera equipment is complimented by your skills.

Peggy said...

Such amazingly colored ducks captured so well here! Love those reflection shots!

Elaine said...

Wow! A wonderful series! I'm looking forward to seeing the action shots.