Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Surf is Up: Sunrise at Assateague Island

With Hurricane Sandy approaching, my wife views the angry Assateague Surf at dawn.
 
Planning a little ocean side getaway my wife and I ventured down to Virgina's picturesque Chincoteague Island on Thursday.  With wildlife photography and late-season beach bumming in mind we were keeping track of hurricane Sandy as she churned he way towards our east coast. 

Our plans called for heading home after sunrise Saturday and with the hurricane headed our way we were not tempted to linger. 

The approaching storm made for a memorable morning on the beach
 
I will be sharing the bird photos from the trip in future posts

3 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those waves look pretty wild.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful shots from Assateague, one of my favorite places.

Montanagirl said...

Wonderful! That last photo is epic.