Sunday, February 24, 2013

Bringing the Outdoors In


Each winter I usually tackle some type of project to help pass the long cold evenings.  This winter my wife and I decided to remodel our office.

We ripped up the 20 year old carpet replacing it with a tile floor, repainted the walls, refinished the baseboard molding, replaced my wife's desk with a desk that matched my corner desk, and built a book case to house her large collection of scrapbooks.  With that done we still needed some tasteful artwork for the walls.

This week Mpix came to the rescue by emailing me that they were running a one half price sale on large prints.  Reviewing some of my photographs from the past year we selected a shot of a Hummingbird feeding on a daylily and a Great Blue Heron image captured at Viera Wetlands.  Printed 20" X 30" and framed with poster frames the prints finished the room nicely.

6 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

The room and it's artwork looks great.I have several pictures on the wall that Jake has taken and sure love looking at them.

Seema Patel said...

simple and appealing decor..

Montanagirl said...

Nice job on the office room. I had a hunch those were some of your photos on the wall! I've done up several of my photos on Canvas and I LOVE them. There's a place called: Canvas4Life.com that does a GREAT job with those.

Lindsjö taxar said...

Good work, nice pictures you printed out

Anonymous said...

The photos look great! Now you've inspired me to do something with my messy office.

Unknown said...

Looks terrific.