Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Raystown Lake Morning

 
 
Towing the boat to Raystown Lake early Saturday morning I arrived to find the lake shrouded in fog. 
 
 
 
When the fog lifted I noticed this cobweb on a shoreline bush.  With the sun behind it the intricate water-beaded pattern sparkled


Since Raystown Lake is an unlimited horsepower lake the boat wakes can make it difficult to fish open water from a small boat.  To help alleviate this problem I spend much of my time in no-wake zones.  While fishing in the no-wake zones helps considerably, not everyone's definition of no-wake is the same.


 
Most of the waterbirds I encountered spooked well out of camera range.  This double-crested cormorant was an exception and allowed me to approach.

 
Double-crested Cormorant taking off.


 
As noon approached recreational boaters cranked up the horsepower kicking up the waves.  With the boat wakes rocking and rolling it was time for me and my little tin boat to head for home.



 

6 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Great shots, I love the Cormorant taking off!

Montanagirl said...

Terrific shots. My favorite is that spiderweb!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Excellent pictures. I really like the Cormorant on take-off.

Lindsjö taxar said...

Great Pictures....
Good the big boat didnt throw you overboard

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots!

Elaine said...

Gorgeous photo of the spiderweb and the Cormorant taking off!