Friday, December 21, 2018

Whitetail Rut Wrap Up 2018

While my photographic success during this years rut didn't measure up to some ruts of the past it was more the fault of other obligations on my part rather than the lack of whitetails.

This buck was the nicest one that I encountered.  The photo opportunity was fleeting as he spotted me at the same time I spotted him. 

Other bucks were more accommodating

Some posed nicely

While others intent upon pursuing does seemed oblivious to the clicking of the shutter

 And some were at a distance where my presence was not as noticeable

Lip-Curl's are one of my favorite poses with this rut providing me a number of opportunities. 

I am most thankful to have once again had the opportunity to photograph another whitetail rut.  Whitetails have always held a special place in my heart. Whether it is a tiny spotted fawn, a soft coated brown doe, or a heavy antlered buck, they all are incredibly beautiful and graceful, deserving of out attention and support more so as other living beings who's presence enriches our lives rather than as mere targets to shoot at and antlers on the wall. 

4 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

What a great set of captures Coy.

Ruth Hiebert said...

These are fantastic shots.

Coy Hill said...

Thanks Tom and Ruth and a Merry Christmas to you!

echoes said...

Great pics, Coy! That first guy was a really nice one but the lip curl on the last one is great!