Thursday, November 15, 2018

Its Been a Long Time

Today, with sleet and snow softly falling, I was spending time working on photos and occasionally surfing the web.  It was when I visited this blog that I realized that nearly eleven months had passed since my last post.  Much of what I said in the closing lines of the last post concerning my disillusionment with social media still stands and has made me more reluctant than ever to share my opinions on issues of the day. 

Here in south-central Pennsylvania the white-tailed deer run is in full swing.  Bucks, that for months were seldom spotted, are now pursuing does with wild abandonment.  I spotted a high six point buck tending a doe this morning as the winter storm was just beginning. 


A couple of days early I caught this little six posing nicely.


This buck, again from this morning, was watching a doe standing nearby.  As they so often do, he stood motionless for many minutes until she suddenly bounded off.  He was right on her heels as they rushed out of sight.


And during those times when no whitetail activity is occurring, photos ops still abound.  I suppose that this squirrel couldn't find room in the knot-hole for himself and his tail but it certainly made for a unique pose. 

4 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

It's good to see a post from you again. Your wildlife photos are so good.

Coy Hill said...

Thanks Ruth! You are always a bright spot in the on-line world!

Woody Meristem said...

Good to see you active again, please don't stay away so long. I don't do Facebook or Twitter and have only had one or two issues on my blog so social media is of little concern.

Coy Hill said...

Thanks Woody.