Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Winter Cleaning

I sometimes hear my wife refer to spring cleaning but spring is a busy time in the outdoors so I have decided to set some time aside this winter for clean-up.  File clean-up.

I'm a procrastinator and somewhat of a hoarder so tackling my image files has looked like a daunting task.  Instead of ruthlessly deleting images immediately after downloading I usually only delete the absolute blown shots and process the best; leaving hundreds, no thousands of images I will never use cluttering up my hard drives.  So I have declared this winter, Clean-up Winter!

In doing so I am getting to review all of my image collection and finding some overlooked gems mixed in.  There was never any doubt about the first image posted above being a keeper but the second; it deserved a second look.

5 comments:

Brian King said...

We are usually more critical of our own work than anyone else, but I like that second photo. The low light gives it a nice feel.

I started doing some image clean up today. I try to delete the bad ones as soon as I download them, but it doesn't always happen. I spent some time categorizing my images to make them easier to find. My problem is backing up my computer to my external hard drive - I don't do it as often as I should.

Lois Evensen said...

I agree they are both great images. Love the "halo" on the second one.

Montanagirl said...

Very nice, but I really like the composition and the "uncluttered" background in the second. Keep delighting us!

Modesto Viegas said...

The second image deserves more than a second look...
Great!!!

Elaine said...

Sounds like we work in much the same way when it comes to processing photos. I'm trying to clean things up as I shift everything to my new computer. It should only take another year or so.....